Friday, October 2, 2015

Why Did the Osprey Poop on My Head?

Why Did the Osprey Poop on my Head? by Helene Clarke is a small book which covers the question, "If God is so good, why do bad things happen?" It is a question that children ask.... and so do their parents.

Timmy is a little boy who is always saying, "God is good." One day an osprey poops on his head, and he wonders why, if God is so good, He allowed that to happen. The next day, at his uncle's funeral, Timmy overhears the adults asking the same question. One of the adults explains that bad things happen to everyone, but those who know that God loves them have hope.

What I Like: I like that this book covers a difficult topic in a way that children can relate to and does not get too deep into the reason for bad things happening. Most children are not ready for that particular conversation.

What I Dislike: I personally could have done without the poop, which is mentioned more than once.

Overall Rating: Very good

Age Appeal: 6-12-year-olds

Publisher Info: Tate Publishing, 2011; ISBN: 978-1-61739-839-1; paperback, 24 pgs., $8.99

Buy it Now at Christianbook.com for $8.09

OR Buy it at Amazon.com for $7.19

No comments: