Thursday, April 21, 2011

Psalms For Kids: Psalm 19


Psalms For Kids: Psalm 19 is written by Sherri Trudgian and illustrated in bright watercolor by Melanie Moreland. In Psalm 19 we read, "The heavens declare the glory of God," and this book will show children how creation displays God's glory. Everywhere we look in nature, we see indications of our great Creator and Designer. In the text of the book, the sun says:

"Up in the sky
Sun talks to me
Telling me
Her story.

"Look up, Look up."
I hear her say --
"Look up and see
God's glory!"

"I warm the earth,
Give light to see --
The flowers, birds,
And bumblebee."

Next, the stars, mountains, thunder clouds, trees, snow, and ocean waves take their turn in glorifying God for His handiwork. Your child will also learn how God's word tells us of His glory, and how God created each child to display His glory as well.Link
What I Like: This book is so glorifying to God, and is a wonderful depiction in picture and verse of Psalm 19.

What I Dislike:
I don't dislike anything about this book.

Overall Rating:
Excellent

Age Appeal:
The publisher doesn't specify, but I would say ages 4-8.

Publisher Info: Little Sprout Publishing House, 2009; ISBN:0977919439 ; Paperback, 32 PGS., $7.99.

Buy it at Amazon.com for $7.99.

Special Info: You can also find this book on the Psalms for Kidz website. Read our review of another book in this series.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: