Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One Hand, Two Hands

Oh the things we can do because we have hands! In One Hand, Two Hands, kids learn about everything hands can do, from clapping and waving to writing Grandma a letter. In rhyming form, author Max Lucado and illustrator Gaby Hansen expertly share about hands and how kids can help others.

"With hands
we are helpers.
And at the
end of the day...

we fold them
together
and happily
pray:

'One hand, two hands,
five fingers, ten...

'God, thanks for my hands.
Please, use them again.'"

What I Like: I really felt like I was reading my kids a Dr. Seuss book without the silly words. It has a similar rhythm to several of his early reader books.

I also love the fact my kids are learning about helping others at a young age. For instance, one page shows a little girl helping her mom wash dishes.

The illustrations by Ms. Hansen are cheerful, fun, and in a few instances, funny.

What I Dislike: Nothing.

Overall Rating: Excellent

Age Appeal: 4 - 7

Publisher Info: Tommy Nelson, 2010; ISBN: 978-1-4003-1649-6; Hardback, 32 PGS., $16.99

Buy it Now at Christianbook.com for $12.99
OR Buy it at Amazon.com for $11.55.
Or on your Kindle for $9.99.

Special Info: We've reviewed other books by Max Lucado here.





Bookmark and Share

No comments: