Friday, June 6, 2014

Proverbs for Kids

Proverbs for Kids: Biblical Wisdom for Children (Bible Chapters for Kids) (Volume 9) by Agnes and Salem de Bezenac is a beautiful book of wisdom taken right from the book of Proverbs.

Each two page layout is beautifully illustrated with full color pictures that are delightful for children (and parents) to look at.

The illustration on each layout perfectly depicts the Proverb chosen for the page. A beautifully written paraphrase of each chosen Proverb is accompanied by the actual Scripture. Each paraphrase in personalized (using personal pronouns) so that children can picture himself applying the Proverb in his own life. This is great, in my opinion, because as a mother, I naturally find myself doing the same thing when reading Scripture to my children.

What I Like: I love illustrations! They are so colorful and beautifully depict children in real life situations which apply to the Proverb. What a great way to give children an example of how to apply Scripture!

I also love how child friendly and approachable this book is. Some books are not visually appealing even though the content is great. From the title page alone, this book has an "approachable" feel. I had to look through each page before actually reading it because it was visually so endearing.
 
What I Dislike: I liked everything about this book.
 
Overall Rating: Excellent
 
Age Appeal: 8 years and younger (by the author's recommendation)

 
Publisher Info: iCharacter.org, 2014; ISBN: 978-1623870874 ; paperback, 32 pgs., $8.49


OR Buy it at Amazon.com for $6.48.

No comments: