Friday, June 13, 2014

I Don't See Heaven


In I Don’t See Heaven, written by Jennifer Adan, Isabella was looking forward to flying in an airplane. Before her grandpa died, he told her he would go to Heaven. Isabella believed if she could go high in the sky (as in the airplane), she would be high enough to see Heaven and she would be able to see her grandpa.

Of course, that didn’t happen, so she was very upset. Her parents had to explain to her that we can’t see Heaven but we can feel it in our hearts.

The illustrations by E. A. Morando are a bit cartoonish, but they are bright and colorful and work well with the text.

What I Like: I like the illustrations the best. I also like the parents’ explanation of Heaven.

What I Dislike: The layout is rather boring. All of the two-page spreads have the text on the left-hand side and an illustration on the right-hand side. I think a bit of variety would have been better.

Also, the writing is a bit weak and there are several punctuation errors throughout the text.

Overall Rating: Good.

Age Appeal: 8-12.

Publisher Info: Archway Publishing, 2013; ISBN: 9781480403077; Paperback, $9.89.

 
Special Info: Visit the author’s website.


No comments: