Monday, September 30, 2013

The Christian Girl's Guide to ME: The Quiz Book

Part of a series, The Christian Girl's Guide to ME: The Quiz Book was written by Katrina Cassel and features 22 fun quizzes for tween girls. They cover a broad range of topics, from personality to Bible knowledge, from character to hygiene and habits.

Every chapter begins with a Bible verse then tells a short story. Some of these are contemporary tales; others are re-tellings of accounts from Scripture. Readers then take a quiz. Answers and evaluations are provided after along with tips for how to improve or apply what is learned from the quiz. Simple illustrations and "Fun Fact" sidebars pepper the pages.

As with every volume in this series, the book comes with a trinket. We received a leopard print coin purse exactly like the one pictured.

What I Like: What girl doesn't love learning more about herself? My daughter (age 9) was instantly attracted to this book. It offers a fun approach to learning and growing. I especially like that it goes beyond revealing truths about oneself to developing truths in oneself; it helps girls discover what God has intended for them. Of course, I also love the heavy emphasis on Scripture and truth. My daughter loved the coin purse that came with it.

What I Dislike: Personally, I don't like the interior illustrations. They seem a bit dated and unnecessary, but they don't bother my daughter. I'd rather they left room for the girls to doodle themselves.

Overall Rating: Very good.

Age Appeal: 8-12

Publisher Info: Legacy Press, 2012; ISBN: 1584110872; Paperback; 192 pages; $9.99

Buy it Now at Christianbook.com for $8.19!
OR Buy it at Amazon.com for $9.89.

Special Info: You may also be interested in another book in this series which we reviewed last year: The Christian Girl's Guide to Style.


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Kathy Cassel said...

Thank you for the nice reivew of my book.