Friday, May 13, 2011

Psalms For Kidz: Psalm 139

Most of us have seen the pro-life bumper sticker "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you--God." In Psalm 139 "God knows all about me!", this verse plus the rest of the Psalm are explained so kids can understand God and His omnipresent nature.

Eye-catching watercolors accompany the verses:
"God knows
When I wake up--
Sees me hugging
My little pup.

God knows
What I will wear--
Out in the warm
Or chilly air.

God knows
All about me--
The things I do--
Who I will be."

Written by Sherri Trudgian and illustrated by Melanie Moreland, Psalm 139 "God knows all about me!" is part of the Psalms For Kidz series.

What I Like: I really like how the concept of God's all-knowing presence is presented. I think kids can easily grasp that He knows what they're doing--whether it's hiding, doing chores, or stealing a cookie.

What I Dislike: A couple times reading this aloud to my daughter, I tripped over the verse-- but it didn't detract from the story.

Overall Rating: Excellent.

Age Appeal: 4 - 8

Publisher Info: Little Sprout Publishing House, 2008; ISBN: 978-0-9779194-2-0; Paperback, 32 PGS., $7.99

Buy it at Amazon.com for $7.99.

Special Info: We've reviewed other books in the Psalms for Kidz series. You can find them here.





Bookmark and Share

No comments: