Thursday, May 3, 2007

Love Your Neighbor

Loving our neighbor is a difficult commandment to follow. But, Love Your Neighbor, by Melody Carlson, makes it seem easy. With cheerful illustrations by Susan Reagan, how could you not love these characters? The author and illustrator work wonderfully together in teaching children to love your neighbor as yourself. That's hard to do when your neighbor is not very nice to you. The text is rhythmic; the pictures are bright and cheery; the story is both realistic and imaginative - much like the minds of children.

What I Like: I especially liked the whimsical illustrations. Children have a creative imagination, and these pictures will keep them glued to the pages. I also liked they rhythmic text. Children are somewhat mezmorized with words that rhyme.

What I Dislike: I don't necessarily have any complaints. This is a cute book, and children love it! But, as a mom, I prefer stories with stronger lessons.

Overall Rating: Very good.

Age Appeal: 4-8

Publishing Info: Broadman & Holman ; ISBN 080542383-4 ; $12.99 ; Hardback.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

oh, you're welcome... I think this is such a great idea... thanks for putting time into this for others... ~ Kim