Wednesday, May 2, 2007

For God So Loved the World: My John 3:16 Book

For God So Loved the World: My John 3:16 Book was written by Dandi Daley Mackall, award-winning author of more than 400 books. Starting with creation and all its wonders, this book tells of the gifts God has given us. Each rhyming stanza of four lines ends with "For God so loved the world." The author then lovingly tells that God's greatest gift was Jesus. She clearly explains the Gospel message in a way little hearts can understand. This book highlights a global theme. Each page features the title phrase in a different language including Spanish, Tahitian, Nigerian, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Portugese, French and English. The book concludes by quoting John 3:16.

Russian artist Elena Selivanova fills the pages with beautiful illustrations. Children from around the world are shown in many different environments. Spectrums of color delight the eyes while sweet expressions tickle the heart.

What I Like: Everything! This book is beautifully written with a strong Scriptural foundation. The illustrations are fantastic. (The picture here appears pastel, but the book is not.) My kids love this book and I do, too.

What I Dislike: Nothing.

Overall Rating: Excellent.

Age Appeal: 4-8, though I would say 2 and above

Publisher Info: Thomas Nelson, 2007; ISBN: 1591455243; Hardback; $12.99


No comments: