Friday, October 23, 2015

My Jesus

My Jesus by Shawn Todd is a simple yet wonderful book proclaiming Jesus. Each page gives a brief of description of who Jesus is, His relationship with us, or what He expects of us and a verse where the faith foundation being taught can be found.

Each layout includes one page with the Biblical concept on one page and a great illustration on the other. The illustrations are also by Shawn Todd and he does a fantastic job of making the illustration as relevant to the concept being taught as possible. The book cover is an example of the illustrations found in the book.

What I Like: I think Shawn Todd did a fantastic job of bringing the basics of our faith to life for children. Between the simplicity of the statements on each page and the illustrations, children will long remember the basic tenants of our faith for a very long time.... which as a parent is something I want.

What I Dislike: It took me a moment to warm up to the illustrations, but as soon as I did, this book quickly became one of my favorites because of the content and how the illustrations match beautifully.

Overall Rating: Excellent.

Age Appeal: 4-10 years

Publisher Info: Shawn Todd, 2014; ISBN: 978-0615940762; paperback, 40 pgs., $6.95

Buy it at Amazon.com for $6.26


 

No comments: