Monday, April 28, 2014

Hey Warrior Kids! Grab Your Slingshot!

Hey Warrior Kids! Grab Your Slingshot! by Virginia Finnie is the second book in the Hey Warrior Kids! series. You can read my review of her first book Hey Warrior Kids: Put on Your Armor! here.

In this book, the author compares the giant Goliath to the fears that children have. But rather than encourage them to think happy thoughts, she teaches them to speak God's Word to their fears. She explains in a very child friendly way that the Bible is our slingshot and the words in the Bible are our smooth stones. When we use this powerful weapon against the giant of fear, we will be more than conquerors.

What I Like: I love how Virginia Finnie writes the way I speak to my children- with excitement, thrill, fun, and as though there is a big secret just waiting to be shared. Both of my children (ages 6 and 2 1/2) were completely engaged for the duration of the book.

Because the author tells the reader that the verses in the Bible are the smooth stones that we use in our slingshot, she gives children four easy to remember verses that will help them resist their giant of fear.

What I Dislike: I liked everything about this book.

Overall Rating: Excellent

Age Appeal: 3-10 years old

Publisher Info: Tate Publishing, 2013; ISBN: 978-1-62510-012-2 ; paperback, 32 pgs., $9.89

Buy It Now at Christianbook.com for $9.89

OR Buy it at Amazon.com for $9.89.

No comments: