Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hey Warrior Kids: Put On Your Armor!

Hey Warrior Kids! : Put On Your Armor! by Virginia Finnie and illustrated by Jeff Elliott is a delightful little book. It teaches children, in the most simple yet entertaining way, about each of the pieces in the spiritual armor of God as described in Ephesians 6:13-18. Hey Warrior Kids!: Put on Your Armor! can be used as either a story to sit and read with your child or as a devotional that can broken up and used daily for deeper learning.

I really appreciate the illustrations being completely child friendly. When dealing with spiritual armor, illustrations can sometimes be scary, but in this case the illustrations show the child that God has clothed him so he can face his own life undefeated.

What I Like: My favorite aspect of the book is how it is written. Everything is written and worded exactly how I speak to my children- with excitement, joy, and in normal everyday language. Here is a small excerpt:

"Guess what?
I have some fantastic, unbelievable, totally awesome, over-the-top, out-of-this-world news for you!

What's the news already?
            Okay, here it is.
            Are you ready?
            Are you sure you're ready?

The news is......."

I'll let you wonder what the news is.

Since this is how I talk to my children, reading this book was a lot of fun. I saw this book as a script to read as I shared a very import spiritual lesson with my children in a way that captured their attention.

I also loved the child's level plan of salvation at the end of the book. It is written in terms that children can understand and relate to.

What I Dislike: I liked everything about this book.

Overall Rating: Excellent

Age Appeal: 5-10 years old

Publisher Info: Tate Publishing, 2009; ISBN: 978-1-60604-994-5 ; paper back $8.99, 28 pgs.


Buy it Now at Christianbook.com for $8.19
OR Buy it at Amazon.com for $8.99 or buy the Kindle version for $6.99.





1 comment:

rakhi said...

These are my favourit books I never want your books to end I enjoyed reading it very much