Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I See the Moon


I See the Moon by Kathi Appelt, will remind you of the old nursery poem: " I see the moon, and the moon sees me. God bless the moon, and God bless me." In this book, a little girl feels very alone. She dreams that she is lost at sea, and wonders if anyone knows where she is. Under the gaze of the moon, the wind fills her sail with air, the sun chases the dark away, and a dove leads her to shore. She rejoices as she feels God's love and realizes that He was with her in her time of uncertainty.

The paintings by Debra Reid Jenkins are truly beautiful, and are soothing to both me and my girls every time we read! This book is a great read at bedtime if children are feeling uncertain about going to sleep.

What I Like: This book is soothing, both because of the text and illustrations. I appreciate that through this book, little ones will be shown the love of God.

What I Dislike: I don't dislike anything about this book.

Overall Rating: Excellent

Age Appeal: Baby-preschool

Publisher Info: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co., 2009; ISBN:0802853587 ; Boardbook $8.00.

Buy it Now at Christianbook.com for $5.99!

Special Info: This book is also available in paperback from Amazon.com.



Bookmark and Share


No comments: