Monday, February 9, 2009

Prayers for Little Hearts

Prayers for Little Hearts, illustrated by Elena Kucharik, is adorable from cover to cover. Each prayer in this book is based on a Scripture passage. For example, this prayer:

"Dear God, Please help me to treat others the way I would like them to treat me. In Jesus' name, Amen," is taken from Matthew 7:12.

I received this book as a gift for my newborn and toddler girls, and I have flipped through it many times. It is sitting in a prominent place in the girls room because the illustrations are so darling! There is a full page color illustration for each prayer as well as a matching border on the opposite page.

At the end of the book, there are prayers for special days: Birthday, Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparent's Day, First Day of School, Making Friends, and Taking a Trip.

What I Like: The prayers in this book are exquisitely simple. You can look up the corresponding Scriptures with your child. The illustrations are so appealing to children, and feature children of all races. This book is perfect as a gift.

What I Dislike: Nothing, really!

Overall Rating: Excellent

Age Appeal: Baby to preschool

Publisher Info: Tyndale House, 1996; ISBN: 0842349707; padded hardcover, $9.99.



Special Info: Here are other books reviewed by CCBR that are illustrated by Elena Kucharik. You will find that most of those books are also a part of the Little Blessings Series.

No comments: