Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm Glad I'm Your Grandma


I'm Glad I'm Your Grandma, is rhythmically written by Bill and Kathy Horlacher and illustrated by Meredith Johnson. This is part of the Happy Day Books series, a level 1 reader.

The front cover shows Grandma sharing treasured Bible stories with her grandchild. As you read, you will discover more colorful drawings like this, with different grandmothers and grandchildren on every page. Grandma wants to explain why being a grandparent brings her great joy. She tells of all the good times they share together like, going for walks, sending cards, giving hugs, and listening to her grandchild talk to God.

 "I'm glad I'm your grandma when we take time to play and when talking to God you have plenty to say."

What I Liked: Everything. Having recently become a grandma, there is no greater joy than being with your grandchildren. 

What I Disliked: Nothing.

Overall Rating: Good.

Age Appeal: 3-7

Special Info: You may also enjoy seeing other books we've reviewed with illustrations by Meredith Johnson, by clicking here.

Publishing Info: Standard Publishing, 2005; ISBN:9780784716861



No comments: