Friday, March 11, 2016

I Can

I Can by Karthryn O'Brien is a bright, colorful and beautifully illustrated book that helps young children understand and memorize scripture.  The book teaches Philippians 4:13, "I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." The verse is broken down simply and the author uses repetition and rhythm to facilitate the memorization.  The author gives examples of how each part of the verse connects with a child's everyday life.

What I Like: I love that this book helps young children to apply scripture to their own lives.  With the colorful and relevant pictures children will be able to immediately connect the Bible to their own experiences.

I love that this book not only teaches the scripture but also develops a love for the Lord and scripture early on in a child's life.  I think that Philippians 4:13 is a foundational verse that all children should have memorized!

What I Dislike: There was nothing that I disliked. 

Overall Rating: Excellent.

Age Appeal: 3-6 years old.

Publisher Info: Tyndale House Publishers, 2016; ISBN: 978-1496411174; Hardcover, 32 pages; $14.91.

Buy it Now at Christianbook.com for $11.99

or

 Buy it at Amazon.com for $14.91.




No comments: