Monday, March 21, 2016

7 Days of Awesome

7 Days of Awesome by Shawn Byous is a picture book written in rhyme about Creation. The story's Dr. Seuss-like narrative and whimsical illustrations take children through the 7 days of Creation.  The book stays in rhyme throughout the entire book.  The scripture references in the book are taken from the New International Version (NIV) of the Bible.

What I Like: I liked that the book was based on the Biblical story of Creation that was written in Genesis.  The book is accurate in referring to what was created on each day according to the Bible. 

What I Dislike: I am not a fan of books in rhyme.  I feel like the wording is forced more often than not in order to make the rhyme work.  I also did not find the drawings to be appealing.  The style of artwork looked old fashioned to me. 

Overall Rating: Ho-Hum.

Age Appeal: Ages 4-8.

Publisher Info: Zonderkidz, 2016; ISBN: 03010743494; Hardcover, $16.9.

Buy it Now at Christianbook.com for $10.19
 
Or Buy it at Amazon.com for $13.26.


No comments: