Monday, September 14, 2015

A Treasury of Prayers for Now and Always

A Treasury of Prayers: For Now and Always by Mary Joslin is a sweet, thick, little book holding a compilation of prayers, reflective poem which can be used as prayers, and organizes them into sections for easy searching.

When I first saw this book, I fell in love with the look- the different shades of blues with white accents and the chunkiness of it. Opening the book, I was pleased to be met with a sweet simplicity on the pages- no illustrations except for a simple silhouette on the section division pages. Each page holds one or two short prayers which are written in a simple font. It is truly a book that can lead children into learning to pray without distraction.

A Treasury of Prayers: For Now and Always is perfect for reading to young children and even for teaching them to memorize simple prayers to springboard them into a prayer life of their own.

What I Like: I love the simplicity of the book, the selection of prayers that have been chosen, and (silly as this may sound) the fact that there is a ribbon bookmark attached to the binding to keep my place.

What I Dislike: I like everything about this book.

Overall Rating: Excellent

Age Appeal: 2-10 years old (preschools can have this book read to them and the prayers are short enough for them to memorize)

Publisher Info: Lion Hudson, 2013; ISBN: 978-0745963471; hardcover, 224 pgs., $16.99

Buy it Now at Christianbook.com for $12.99
OR Buy it at Amazon.com for $15.31

No comments: