Monday, August 24, 2015
• Book introductions—Read about the who, when, where, and what of each book.
• Dream Girl—Use your imagination to put yourself in the story.
• Bring It On!—Take quizzes to really get to know yourself.
• Is There a Little (Eve, Ruth, Isaiah) in You?—See for yourself what you have in common.
• Words to Live By—Check out these Bible verses that are great for memorizing.
• What Happens Next?—Create a list of events to tell a Bible story in your own words.
• Oh, I Get It!—Find answers to Bible questions you've wondered about.
• The complete New International Version (NIV).
• Features written by bestselling author and tween expert Nancy Rue.
What I Like: While we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, the cover to this FaithGirlz! Bible is really adorable. The purple polka-dotted area is actually a magnetic flap that help keeps the bible closed and keeps the usually exposed pages protected. The text inside is purple and the extras are highlighted in pink. A true girly bible. However, this bible is more than just cute. It is very much a study bible for girls. I especially love the "Oh I Get It!" section where girls get a deeper understanding of scripture. My other favorite extra is "Is There A Little...In You?" in which readers are asked to relate to people in the bible. It is a great resource to help the readers understand the motives and feelings of those in bible. "Is There A Little...In You?" also helps teach girls about qualities that may not recognize in themselves; good and bad. The "Treasure This" section highlights scripture girls can relate to and easily memorize.
What I Dislike: At full price, it's a bit steep for a tween bible.
Overall Rating: Excellent
Age Appeal: 9-12 but I think girls aged 9-14 would like this bible.
Publisher Info: Zondervan, 2015; ISBN: 978-0310750079; Hardcover, 1504 pgs., $39.99
Buy it Now at Christianbook.com for $23.99
OR Buy it at Amazon.com for $28.51