Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Bible's Big Story: Salvation History for Kids


The Bible's Big Story: Salvation History for Kids by James M. Hamilton Jr. brings the word "timeline" to mind! It is a great book sharing a brief but concise timeline of God's history of salvation as it is laid out in the Bible.

Each page shows one piece of the timeline, starting with Creation and ending with Christ's return.

The rhyming poem which works its way through the book shares a foundational piece of God's salvation timeline on each page. This poem could easily be memorized by children and their parents.

Along with the two lines of the poem, each page also has an accompanying verse which gives a biblical background to the moment on the timeline. For older kids or parents who want to take this book a little further with their children, there is a "see also" notation at the bottom of the page with several related Scripture references.

What I Like: I like the fact that I can use this book with both of my children (2 and 5) and adjust what I read to make it age appropriate for each. I especially like that in a couple of years I can pull this book out again and take it further as we look into the "see also" passages.

I also think the illustrations by Tessa Janes are well done and fit the style of the book. Just by looking at the picture on each page, you can see which account is being highlighted. I personally like the simplicity of the pictures.

What I Dislike: I like everything about this book.

Overall Rating: Excellent
 
Age Appeal: 5-12 years old

Publisher Info: Christian Focus Publications, 2013; ISBN:978-1-78191-162-4 ; paperback, 24 pgs., $4.99

Buy it Now at Christianbook.com for $4.49
OR Buy it at Amazon.com for $4.49.

 

No comments: