Wednesday, November 16, 2011

BibleRhymes' Christmas Story

Are you looking for a Christmas book that evokes the spirit of Dr. Seuss? If so, then BibleRhymes' Christmas Story by K.W. McCardell with the artwork of Antonella Chirco is for you.

The Christmas story is familiar to almost everyone: Mary and Joseph are to be married, but Mary turns up pregnant before vows are made. An angel appears to both Mary and Joseph to reassure them. The baby is born in a stable.

But, you've probably never seen the story in rhyme:
"Mary and Joseph, a wonderful pair,
Were a couple in love who'd lock eyes and stare.

They wanted to share their lives to the end,
And planned to be married ... the ultimate friends."

What I Like: As I eluded to, the rhyming in this book is great. It is easy to read aloud, and the story is told in a fresh way. It frequently made me smile - even laugh once or twice.

The artwork by Antonella Chirco is simply amazing. I'm still trying to figure out what medium or mediums are used.

I also wanted to note that I think the quality of the book is superior to many books aimed at the same audience. The pages are of a rather thick paper, and they seem like they'd put up with abuse more readily than some. The price-point of this book may seem steep, but I really believe it's worth it.

What I Dislike: The only thing I really didn't like is the fact Mary and Jesus are both blue-eyed.

Overall Rating: Very Good.

Age Appeal: 4 - 8

Publisher Info: BibleRhymes Publishing, LLC, 2008; ISBN: 978-0-9790605-2-6; Hardback, 28 PGS., $17.95

Special Info: The face of Jesus is shown, though only as a baby. We've also reviewed other books in the BibleRhymes series. You can find them here.

Buy it at Amazon.com for $17.95.






Bookmark and Share

No comments: