- Name of the language and where it is spoken
- Fast Country Facts: This image consistently includes a map of the nation, the nation's flag, capitol, size, population, life expectancy, literacy rate, number of internet users, internet code and monetary unit.
- Greeting From a Friend: This is a welcome letter introducing readers further to the country and the language. It typically includes some of the Country Facts written in paragraph form, but also expands upon those with the hidden meaning behind names and common religions practiced.
- Country Proverb: a common saying among this language group
- Did You Know? offers a handful of interesting facts about food, education, government, history, culture or even the land.
- Speak the Language: Here readers learn how to say hello, goodbye, thank you and peace in this language. Phonetic spelling is provided.
What I Like: Everything! This books is fantastic, not only for teaching global awareness through anthropology and geography, but also for raising mission-minded kids. I especially like that, while the United States is featured, it's not for English -- the author highlights Cherokee. This allowed my kids to learn something new in spite of their familiarity with our nation.
Overall Rating: Excellent.
Age Appeal: 9-12, but I think kids as young as 5 may enjoy it.
Publisher Info: Master Books 2010; ISBN: 0890515956; Hardback; 64 pages; $15.99