Monday, May 31, 2010

Who Am I?

Who Am I? was written by Mike Santiago and illustrated by Paul Hughes. In simple rhyming verse, this book attempts to answer the question of who God is, using a first-person point of view. It explains that God created the universe and cast Satan out of Heaven. God created Adam and Eve, gave Moses the Ten Commandments, parted the Red Sea and destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. The book ends with this invitation:

"So if you are seeking for an answer
Or if you don't even have a clue
Take the time to read the Bible
I am the One who created you."


What I Like: I like that this book encourages those with questions to find the answers in the Bible.

What I Dislike: There are no Bible references, so if readers have questions, they wouldn't know where in the Bible to look. I don't like the illustrations. They vary greatly from page to page in both style and extent of detail. Also, the author never uses punctuation, which makes this book awkward for beginning readers who are just learning proper sentence structure (and their parents who are trying to teach them).

Overall Rating: Ho-Hum

Age Appeal: 3-8

Publisher Info: Truth Books Publishers, 2009; ISBN: 193529816X; Paperback; $9.95

Buy it Now at Amazon.com for $9.95!



Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Holy Land Prayer said...

Sounds like a great book to put on my kid's list. Thank you for this.

Tanya said...

You're welcome!