Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Someday Heaven

Someday Heaven, written by Larry Libby, answers children's most popular questions about Heaven. Each two-page spread features a large illustration, a question and an answer, sometimes given through short stories. Most quote Scripture and offer Biblical references to support the answers given.

The questions tackled in this book include:

  • Where is Heaven?
  • How do I get to Heaven?
  • How long does it take to get to Heaven?
  • Who lives in Heaven?
  • How long will I be in Heaven?
  • Will it always be light in Heaven?
  • Will anyone meet me when I get to Heaven?
  • Will there be other children in Heaven?
  • Will I be an angel when I get to Heaven?
  • Will I need money in Heaven?
  • Will I ever be sad in Heaven?
  • Will my grandpa still be old in Heaven?
  • Will my pets go to Heaven?
  • How can I know for sure that I'm going to Heaven?

Wayne McLoughlin served as illustrator. His paintings feature life-like characters and deep contrasts.

What I Like: It answers almost every question kids have about Heaven! My favorite part: the author continually brings the focus back to the important facts. The Bible tells us so little about something so big; it would be easy to get lost in speculation. This book keeps the big issues as the big issues and doesn't get distracted by unknown details. Scripture and references are provided throughout the book.

What I Dislike: Some of the illustrations are a little boring. Great quality, but not interesting enough to keep kids listening through the longer pieces of text.

Age Appeal: 4-8

Overall Rating: Excellent.

Publisher Info: Zonderkidz, 2001; ISBN: 0310701058; Hardback; $12.99

Buy it Now at Christianbook.com for $9.99!
Or buy it at Amazon.com for $11.80.

No comments: