Thursday, October 23, 2008

If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart


If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart is written by Jill Roman Lord and illustrated by Amy Wummer.

Sometimes toddlers become frustrated when they want to help, but don't know how. Maybe we as their guide don't always know either! Through this rhyming text, they will begin to see that Jesus uses them in different ways to show that He does live inside their hearts, by the way they use their eyes, hands, mouths, arms, gifts and talents!

"If Jesus lived inside my heart, would other people know? Perhaps he'd use all parts of me to love and shine and glow!"

The colorful pictures will also help them identify kind acts. Raking leaves with Daddy, or massaging Mom's shoulders. There is something for every little hand to do.

"My hands could make nice cards to send to Grandma far away. I'd also rub Mom's shoulders when she's had a busy day."

"I'd always try to do what's best, so someone else might see, that Jesus lives inside my heart and works through little me!"

What I Like: The twenty-six hardcover pages are perfect for little hands to turn with ease. The illustrations are entertaining and harmonious with the rhyming text.

What I Disliked:Nothing.

Overall Rating: Excellent.

Age Appeal: 0-3, but I recommend it be extended to six years old.

Publishing Info:Candy Cane Press, 2007;Board book; $6.99; ISBN:0824966864

OR, buy it now from Amazon for $6.99

Special Info: See more of our reviews on Jill Roman Lord's books, here.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I love the illustrations in this book! Thanks to Loretta's recommendation, this is already a favorite in our house. The message is great for adults, too.

Loretta said...

Thank you, Tanya.
It's a favorite of ours too. :)