Monday, July 7, 2008

He's Got the Whole World in His Hands


He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands
is currently my son’s favorite song; he sings it nearly every day, so as soon as I saw this book, I had to buy it. I'm so glad I did.
The lyrics to this spiritual-turned-favorite-hymn provide all the text. Written music is also provided on the last page. The illustrations are what truly make this book exceptional. Award-winning artist Kadir Nelson chose San Francisco as his setting. The illustrations feature a multi-ethnic family living in and engaging the world from a child's perspective.
What I Like: Everything! The colors, the size, the diversity, the message of faith and community. The illustrations are magnificent! The entire book is quite striking. I love it! Better yet my kids do too. :)
What I Dislike: Nothing.
Overall Rating: Excellent.
Age Appeal: 4-8, but my not-yet-3-year-old loves it, too!
Publisher Info: Dial, 2005; ISBN: 0803728506; Hardback; $16.99
Buy it Now from Christianbook.com for $12.99!
Or buy it from Amazon.com for $11.55.







No comments: