Monday, June 23, 2008

God Bless America

A wonderful way to teach our young ones to pray for our beloved country would be to introduce them to "God Bless America" by Irving Berlin. In the book God Bless America, illustrated by Lynn Munsinger, this beloved song will come alive for young ones.

A Daddy bear takes his son and daughter on a road trip. They erect a flag at their house, and then go to different places in our nation as they learn to appreciate it.

The text of this book is the song written by Mr. Berlin, so it can either be sung or read as a prayer. I did both with my daughter!


The illustrations are simple and appealing to children. This board book is sturdy and will endure through many readings.


What I Like: I especially like the simplicity of this book. The illustrations are so cute, and are very fitting with the song. At the back of the book is the sheet music to the song.

What I Dislike: Hmmmm ... I can't think of anything!

Overall Rating: Excellent

Age Appeal: 5 and under

Publishing Info: HarperCollins, 2003; ISBN: 0060098643; boardbook, $6.99.

No comments: