Saturday, January 12, 2008

What I Like About You


What I Like About You, written by Colleen Ludington and illustrated by Paula Becker, celebrates how special children are as God’s creations. It’s about all the wonderful ways the parent of a little kangaroo appreciates her child, while reminding the child of God’s boundless love.

Written in rhyme, the text is lively and fast-paced. Here’s a sample:

You’re a gift to me from God up above,
Perfectly, delightfully created in love.
When I’m with you and when we’re apart,
You’re always with me – right here in my heart.

The colorful, whimsical illustrations will capture a child’s attention and the rhymed text will put a smile on their face.

What I Like: Everything, especially the illustrations.

What I Dislike: Nothing.

Overall Rating: Excellent.

Age Appeal: The publisher suggests baby to preschool, but I think the age group should be extended to at least first- or second-graders.

Publisher Info: Thomas Nelson, 2003; ISBN: 1400302927; Hardcover: $12.99.




No comments: