Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I'll Pray Anyway

How many of us choose to submit to the laws of man rather than the laws of God? I'll Pray Anyway, is written by Marilyn Lashbrook. When the King was tricked into making a law that no one could pray, he didn't expect his friend Daniel, to be in jeopardy. In spite of this law, Daniel prays anyway. When Daniel is thrown in to a Lion's Den for his obedience to God, God, in return, saves him from a terrifying situation. The colorful cartoon illustrations are by Stephanie McFetridge Britt.

What I Liked: The story is short and to the point. The pictures are clear. I felt like the author put more emphasis on obeying God rather than focusing on how scary the lions were.

What I Disliked: I don't have any dislikes where this particular book is concerned. It just seems that there are too many books that focus on certain Bible stories such as this one, Noah, Joseph, and others. But, to stay on track, this book is nicely written and a good pick for small children who have not heard this story before.

Overall Rating: Very Good.

Age Appeal: 4-8

Publishing Info: Rainbow Studies International ; 2001 ; ISBN 0933657692


No comments: