Friday, April 13, 2007

The Fruit of the Spirit is Jesus in Me

Part of the "My Favorite Verses" series, The Fruit of the Spirit is Jesus in Me helps little people understand important Scripture. The book features Galations 5:22-23. Told through simple rhyme, the text takes each fruit of the Spirit and individually explains what it looks like in real life. "When I want more candy, but I keep my cool ... that's self-control." Each section reminds children that we show Jesus in us by living the fruits of the Spirit. The Scripture is quoted in the New Living Translation throughout the book and again at the end of the text.

Dandi Daley Mackall (author of more than 400 books) and Jenny B. Harris (illustrator) make a fantastic team. The writing is perfect for young hearts, making intangible concepts real to them. The illustrations are two-dimensional, but filled with bright colors.

What I Like: Everything! This book emphasizes to kids that it's not enough to just know what Jesus teaches; it's most important to live what He teaches. I love the priority given to Scripture. The repetition offers an easy transition to memorization. My daughter loves the pictures! They're vivid and so very colorful.

What I Dislike: Absolutely nothing.

Overall Rating: Excellent!

Age Appeal: 3-7

Publisher Info: Standard Publishing Company, 2005; ISBN: 0784715343; Hardback; $9.99

Buy it Now at Amazon for $9.99

No comments: