Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I'm Jack!

I’m Jack! is written by Crystal Bowman and illustrated by Elena Kucharik, the artist for the Care Bears. It is a rhyming book with adorable pictures about a little boy named Jack who is “made to run and play.” The illustrations are colorful and sweet and include children of various ethnic backgrounds. Jack begins his day wiggling his toes and stretching his arms and legs, eats breakfast, and plays with friends. Each picture has its own rhyme and each rhyme ends with “God made me to move.” Jack and his friends have quite a busy day, in typical toddler fashion, building a tower with blocks, playing tag, playing on the playground, playing at the beach, etc., all the while knowing that God made them to move and have fun. The book concludes with Jack looking out at the ocean where he thanks and praises God for making his body able to move and all the fun that he has moving.

What I Like: I love the pictures!

What I Dislike: The book was just a little too long for me (41 pages).

Overall Rating: Very good

Age Appeal: 2-5

Publisher Info: Tyndale House Publishers (2003); ISBN: 0842376720 ; Hardcover; $9.99

Buy it Now at Christianbook.com for $4.99

No comments: