Thursday, February 15, 2007

Always Near Me


Always Near Me is a lovely little board book written and illustrated by Susie Poole. This book is based on Psalm 139. It is written in age appropriate language with bright and imaginative pictures which lend themselves to a clear understanding of God’s omniscience. A little boy and girl, of different ethnic backgrounds, tell us that God knows our hearts, whatever we are doing, wherever we go, and that we can never hide from Him. The children also praise God that they were made unique by God and that every day of their lives is written in His book.


What I Like: Everything! Psalm 139 is one of my personal favorites. I love that I can teach my son about God with the help of colorful, engaging pictures and simple language.

What I Dislike: Nothing.

Overall Rating: Excellent.

Age Appeal: The publisher says ages 4-8, but toddlers can certainly enjoy this book as well.

Publisher Info: ZonderKidz, Board edition (February 1, 2004); ISBN: 0310708214; Board Book; $6.99

Buy it Now at Amazon for $6.99

No comments: